Do you remember days of bliss where you simply strolled leisurely through the grocery store because you wanted to be there? Me neither.
Do you remember the days when you had extra time and energy after work to go to the grocery store, engage with all the relaxed and courteous patrons in the aisles, and have plenty of time to cook once you got home? Me neither.
Do you remember that time you cried in the grocery store because one of your children just threw up in the middle of the aisle and you were 8 1/2 months pregnant?
Me neither. Wait, I was only 6 months pregnant but still very hormonal emotional and tired.
Well, have you heard the news?! There’s a new service that could seriously make all of those moments a distant memory. Shipt has launched in Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and Arizona, and it promises to simplify your life by offering members UNLIMITED, FREE, SAME DAY DELIVERY OF GROCERIES from Publix through their app. (Kroger & Frys in limited areas with plans to expand to other cities and stores.) I love that Shipt is in tune with the pain points of women who are constantly balancing a variety of roles. They are providing a service that meets our need to save time for what we love. After benefitting from one week of use, I’m anxious to see how this impacts my life for the better and frees me up to be more intentional with my time!
Here is Shipt’s summary of their service:
- How much does a Shipt membership cost? A Shipt membership costs $14/month or $99/year ($8.25/month). Using my promotional link will get you $10 back when you join, so you can try it out for a month for only $4!
- How are Shipt’s prices determined? It’s super simple. The price you see in the Shipt app is the price you pay. Delivery is free for members on orders over $35. Smaller orders are welcome, but a $7 delivery fee will be added to help cover the costs of shopping and delivery. They never charge members any additional fees. Shipt prices will vary slightly from in store prices to help cover the costs of picking, packing and processing. Customers can expect to pay about $5 more using Shipt than they would on a $35 order purchased in the store themselves. For example, a loaf of Wonderbread costs $2.29 in the store and $2.59 to have it delivered to your door using Shipt. For special requests, a markup of 15% will be applied. Shipt members are happy to pay the extra $.30 for the convenience and time saved.
I so wish I had this during my years of working full-time, as well as during pregnancies and the baby stage. And I’m looking forward to using this on bad weather days, sick days, or on those days when I need something before the next day, but can’t get to the store because of our schedule. Or, I might be frivolous after a hard day and order some ice cream and cookies to be delivered when my husband is traveling and I have a craving. (Shhhh. Don’t tell.) I’m also looking forward to not shopping during the holidays crowds with kids in tow! The verdict is still out on how cost efficient this is for us, but I am quite okay with paying a small fee to get back some time, lower my stress, and actually have food in my house when I need it.
Here are 6 benefits of grocery delivery through the Shipt app:
- I am able to ‘shop’ at my leisure in the app and add groceries to my cart over time. Instead of making a grocery list, I can simply add it to the cart as I think of it and checkout whenever I want. If you are a grocery store aisle wanderer instead of a list maker, you can simply browse the app in the same way you do in the store. If you end up going into the store yourself, your list is already made for you in the app.
- I can see my order total before I purchase. If you are trying to stick to a budget, this is a huge plus. You can edit as needed and spend just the right amount. By not walking the aisles, I am able to avoid impulse shopping as well.
- I can easily see what’s on sale and my recently purchased items are easily accessible. Once I shop, I do not have to spend a bunch of time in the app searching for frequented things. It’s already in a special category for me.
- I can gift groceries to a friend. Although I have not employed this yet, I’m excited about the potential of ordering groceries or a rotisserie chicken meal to send to a friend in need. I could even include flowers!
- I can cancel at anytime and renew at anytime. I have had excellent customer service so far with the Shipt Shoppers, the Shipt chat service, as well as their phone customer service. As long as you contact them before your monthly renewal date, they will cancel your service and prorate your yearly membership. So, if you have a super busy month and want to use it specifically just for that period of time, you can do that. So much flexibility!
- I can communicate with my shopper via the app and text. Whenever I add an item to my cart, I can make a note for my preferences (bananas slightly green, ripe avocado, etc.). Additionally, I can request they text me upon arrival so I have a better idea of the delivery time and communicate with them at the store. Shipt Shoppers have to go through a thorough background check too.
Give Shipt a try and let me know how it impacts your life. Sign up through my promotional link and get $10 back after you join. I think this is one opportunity worth personally checking out. And don’t keep this information to yourself, be generous and share this with your friends!
Also, if you are looking for extra cash and a flexible schedule, Shipt is hiring in many cities. Check out all the details here.
Join The Conversation: Have you tried Shipt? Do you think it would benefit you? How can it help you live a high-impact life? You can leave a comment by clicking here.